Welcome to the Guam IRA Anthology!

If you would like the opportunity to have your poetry/stories published in our inaugural Guam IRA online anthology, there’s still time! However, you must be a current IRA member and have attended at least two general membership meetings to have your work considered for inclusion in our online anthology. Please be sure to see the IRA Membership Chair or e-mail iraguam@gmail.com. Si Yu'os Ma'ase'!

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Flip Flops

Living on an island 
You think you would own a pair 
of flip-flops for every wear. 

I have seen flip flops so worn down 
That toes were touching the ground. 

I have seen other flip flops so torn 
That you swore they were over worn. 

I have tried to wear a pair of my own flip-flops 
But I felt so unprepared. 

My first pair made my toes so sore that I swear. 
Flip-flops have made me slip and trip. 
That is why I don't wear 
Nor care or dare 
To wear flip flops anywhere!
©bmartinez

No comments:

Post a Comment